Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kids say the funniest things



So we are in the middle of our nighttime routine with Emma.  We have finished reading books, brushed our teeth, etc.  Thank you prayers are part of our nightly ritual.  Brian starts with saying what he is thankful for.  Then it is my turn.  Then, finally it is Emma's turn.  As you can see in the picture, Brian was laying across Emma's bed.  While we were doing our prayers, Emma worked very hard as "setting up camp" on Daddy's back, including pillow, two blankets and her dog.  Brian and I finished with our prayers.  We said, "Emma, it is your turn."  We were met with silence to which we said, "Do you have any thank you prayers tonight?"  Our question was given the response of, "I am just enjoying some quiet time."  Emma's "bed" quickly started bouncing as both Brian and I broke out in fits of laughter.  Emma then proceeded to give us her thank you prayers.  They sure can make you laugh.

2 comments:

nateandkatesmom said...

Looks like Daddy made a great bed. Too cute!

Amy said...

I wish I could tell my kids "I am just enjoying some quiet time." :) They don't seem to take that so well! What a cute, "grown-up" statement for her to make :)