Monday, May 14, 2012
Mixed Emotions
Tonight after dinner Rebecca bit into an ice cream sandwich and immediately said, "OUCH!" I thought maybe she bit her lip or tongue, etc. Sure enough, I was completely wrong! As it turns out she has her first loose tooth. I just looked up how old Emma was when she lost her first one. She was 5 yrs. 10 mos. Tomorrow Rebecca is 5 yrs. 1 month. There have been many days over the past few weeks where I have taken a step back to look at Rebecca and wonder where the time has gone. This Thursday she graduates from Pre-School and will be heading off to Kindergarten. I remember when she started there last year that she really needed the structure and behavioral expectations of a school setting. She really blossomed last year. This year the blossoming has been taken to a whole new level. She is maturing beautifully and I credit Teacher Mindy for a lot of that. She is, hands down, the best teacher either of my children have had. She is so positive, always encouraging, and has gotten Rebecca to really think her decisions through. She has given Rebecca so many tools, not only academic ones but emotional ones that will help her forever. Rebecca has been moping around the house the past week after she gets home from school. She is REALLY going to miss school. I have already set up a bunch of play dates over the summer so that she will have a small piece of school to hold onto. I guarantee there will be many tears on Thursday. Some will be from her and most will be from me. I am one proud Mama. She is a beautiful, smart, caring little (or not so little) girl whom I love with all my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment