Sunday, July 20, 2008

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em



Emma has taken it upon herself as a personal mission to learn how to climb a tree in our next door neighbor's yard.  I, of course, am not so sure of her latest mission.  However, Daddy has been encouraging her to learn how to do it the correct way, as he does with many of her "missions".  The most exciting part for me happened this afternoon as she excitedly ran down into the back yard exclaiming, "Mommy, I got down ALL BY MYSELF."  This means that I don't have to climb up there to get her or call the fire department to retrieve her much like a cat.  I was, of course, excited for her and looking forward to the time when I come outside looking for her to come in for dinner and find her at the very top of the tree.  After asking Brian what his thoughts were about the latest development, he very matter of factly stated, "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

No comments: