I remember growing up that my parents used to tell me ALL the time that I was special. I had a beautiful voice because I was special. I had beautiful eyes because I was special. As I got older, it became kind of a joke when things would happen to me. I had to wear arch supports in my shoes because I was special. I had to wear a bianator in my mouth because I was special. I got migraines because I was special. As things happen to me now as an adult I just hear my parents telling me in my head that it is because I am special.
For instance, last year when I came down with Shingles, I thought to myself, it is because I am special. Then when I was 1 in only 10% of people to get it on my face and in my eye I thought it was because I was really special. This year I still have the tingling sensation, not only throughout where I had the Shingles last year, but now all over my back I think it is because I am special. I am one of the few that have the postherpetic neuralgia over a year later because I am special.
Well, for now I am good with not being special for a while. I would like to just be not so "special." Mediocracy for a while is ok with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, you poor SPECIAL thing! That post was a bit comical....although I know it's really not funny! BTW, what's a bionator?? Well, I think your special because your crafty, musically talented, laid back, patient, funny, a wonderful Mom, and a super kind-hearted person who would give the shirt off your back to anyone who needs it. Anyone who is all of those things is pretty special in my book! And that helps you get through all of those other things. Just stay healthy! ok?
I am going to steal that phrase from your parents ... "it's because you're SPECIAL!" I am sorry about the tingling and all the remnants of shingles that you are experiencing ... just take care of yourself, ok? It is another long wrestling season and we don't want to see any more yucky sicknesses!
Now remember, to quote Bob & Larry: "God made you special, and He loves you very much. Bye-bye!"
Post a Comment