Friday, June 12, 2009

Brown Caterpillars

I will spare you any photographs for this entry as you might find them extremely offensive or nauseating.

The girls and I were scheduled to go to Wilson Farm Park today with our neighbors so I wanted to get a quick shower before we went.  I kept thinking that maybe today would be the day that I would have an uninterrupted shower, being as the girls were both fed, dressed and engrossed in a cartoon.

Shortly after I went upstairs I heard the pitter patter of a 2 year old asking where I was.  I told her I was jumping in the shower and that I would be out shortly.  I told her to go play in her room if she was going to stay upstairs.  No problem.  She went.  I was happy because I hadn't actually gotten my shower started so it could still be uninterrupted.

I was washing my face when I hear Emma outside the bathroom door.  "Mommy you have to come quick!  There is a huge brown caterpillar in our hallway.  You have to call Mr. Jeff (our exterminator).  I tell her I am almost finished and will come out as soon as I am finished.  

So, I do just that only to find that it was not a caterpillar but was instantly reminded that Rebecca is potty training and much like Prudence in the book Once Upon a Potty did indeed poop, but not on the potty.  Once I told Emma this she wasn't sure if she was relieved it wasn't a big huge bug or was totally grossed out at the fact her sister's poop was all over the floor.  She just kept saying "Icky Mommy, Icky."

I LOVE MY JOB!!!  Kids are always good for a laugh.  

Maybe tomorrow will be that uninterrupted shower.  The glass is always half full in this house;)

1 comment:

nateandkatesmom said...

eeeeewwwww! Thanks for sparing us the pictures! Although I would have liked to see one of Emma's face when you told her what it was! LOL