Sunday, October 5, 2008

Let the Holidays Begin!


It took all she had to not climb the pumpkins and launch herself off.

I just don't know which one to pick.  How about that one?

...or this one, or this one...

What a fun outing!


Emma was asking about going to get pumpkins, so we decided we would go and see what we could find.  Rebecca is old enough this year that we let her loose to pick out her own.  She enjoyed it thoroughly.  We went up to Colonial Gardens because they have the fun slide into the hay.  The girls both loved that.  We had a hard time getting them to leave.  I love this time of year because of the beautiful change in the weather, but also because of the holidays.  One of the things I love best about having a family is that we can create family traditions.  It is fun to do them each year and as this year showed, Emma is remembering from year to year what we do.  It just makes me happy to do these kinds of things with my family.  I continuously try to remind myself, even on the Bad Mommy Days as Amy likes to call them, that I am so amazingly blessed with the family God has given me.  Life is good!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You said it well - one of the joys of having a family is that you can create traditions and the kids start looking forward to them. Although the excitement over apple picking was eclipsed by the excitement of "movie night"!!!

Charlene said...

It looks like the girls had a blast! Thanks for sharing photos and updates on them. And thanks for the blog idea. Can't wait to see all of you this weekend. Safe travels! Love, Char