As we are wrapping up our week at Ocean City, I thought I would try and document some of the awesomeness that was this week before I head home into the frenzied week of coming home to laundry and unpacking and Brian going back to work.
This year has really been so much fun. The kids are a fantastic ages. This year no one has any broken bones that we need to worry about. The weather has cooperated beautifully. Not too hot, not too sunny. Getting suntans and not sunburns. Lots of beach time, pool time, and boardwalk time.
We have streamlined what we are taking to the beach as we are really only there three or four hours each day. The kids are loving the beach to play in the water, body surfing, building "drippy" castles, and burying each other. But they are also loving the pool too. So, about 3:30 we are heading back to the condo to have a little quiet time and then head to the pool until dinnertime. After dinner it is to the boardwalk for all sorts of activities. Mini golf one night. Amusement park two nights. Dinner with my aunt and uncle. Arcade another night.
One of the great things about the kids being this age is that we are not tied down to any schedule. Although Rebecca still gets cranky by late afternoon, she can push through it until bed time. Or, like today, sit on my lap on the beach and take a nap. That was pure awesomeness. She hasn't done that in forever. I really enjoyed the snuggle time with her.
So, we only have one more night here. Time has gone really fast this year. It has given us hope that family vacations really can be fun and not absolutely exhausting for the grown-ups. And it was great that Brian was able to hold off on most of his work obligations until after the girls went to bed. And when I say girls I mean all three of us.
Really looking forward to what next year has in store for us. Ocean City, NJ 2011 was the best!! See you again next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Karen, Love the pics! Glad you all had such a great time. We are enjoying it too! Although I am still hoping for it to be a little more relaxing in coming years ... haha. All in all, after the first day or so, it has been pretty relaxing. I also had Chloe nap on my lap at the beach and it was pure awesomeness! ;)
Post a Comment