I recently read a blog that was talking about the 25 books of Christmas and thought I would give it a try this year. The idea is that you wrap 25 books related to Christmas or winter. Then before bed, once the teeth are brushed and jammies are on, a child is to choose a book, unwrap it and then, as a family, snuggle in and read it together.
Believe it or not, I was able to find 24 books in the house. Then the 25th was as easy as could be. It is going to be the bible, which we will save until Christmas Day. We will gather around the tree and read the story of Christ's birth together as a family before the first gift is unwrapped to remind us of the true reason we are celebrating Christmas.
So far, it has been really fun and I look forward to continuing this tradition. And this is the reason I got my shopping and Christmas cards and wrapping done already. So that I have time to create these memories for my kids so that they will look back fondly on the holidays rather than Mommy being all stressed out.
May this season be filled with fun memories for each of you as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I read a blog last year about that. I wanted to do that, but we are a few days into December and we haven't done it yet. I think we will start...although the books might not be wrapped. I miss snuggling together and reading books to the kids. They both like to read independently now and I want to start doing that again...at least for this month. The Blble story Christmas morning is a great tradition. We do that too before any gifts are opened. It is a tradition passed down from my childhood.
Post a Comment